Subject: Re: Roberta Peters
From: ANGELO MAMMANO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 20 Jan 2017 10:08:36 -0500

I saw Roberta Peters many times all with the Met and including her

Zerbinetta and Kitty.  I always expected and got committed and

well sung performances.  I particularly remember her Gilda in Boston

on April 25, 1985 which I just read from an article in Opera News

by  Ira Siff was her final opera with the company.  The Rigoletto was

Aldo Protti and although the Boston Globe critic roasted him I was

very happy to see him and also the late career Gilda from Peters.

BTW her Violetta and Mimi were I believe done in Providence and

were directed by Charles Nelson Reilly.  I missed them unfortunately.

Angelo from  Boston