Subject: Re: [Norton AntiSpam]Re: PBS, NEA etc.
From: Kiwi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 20 Jan 2017 08:39:15 -0500

An entitled and obtuse response.

I am certainly happy to know that you, the voice and conscience and Nelson
Rating company for all of America in its diversity rolled into a single
person, no longer finds TV endearing.  Since you have spoken, it must be
true.

But why stop with public television?  Why not just decree it obsolete and
demand that all networks and cable companies migrate immediately to the
internet?

But of course, that will eventually become passť as well so maybe you can
advise us poor wretched huddled masses on how to proceed.

And obvious, all arts must be self-funding because, you know, those ballets
and art shows and museums should either live the capitalist's dream or fold
completely.  We don't need no stinky anything that doesn't pay for itself
and make someone rich.

You know what?  Most people in America--indeed, around the world--have never
been to an opera, or even heard a complete one or even an aria from one.
Based on your rather dismissive approach, opera is passť;  let's get rid of
it, too.

And schools--I haven't been to one in a long time and heaven knows you can
now get all the knowledge you need from the internet (it seems, in your
case, from the alt-right and conservative news sites).  Let's stop wasting
tax payers money on schools, too.  That way the increasingly ignorant and
logic-challenged masses can wallow in the pig pens where they obviously
belong, because if you can't afford to pay for school yourself, you
obviously don't need it.

And policemen--I haven't need ever so why should I pay for them through my
tax dollars?  If I need protection, I should pay for it out of my own
pocket, because, you know, that seems to be the dream of a lot of people:
if you want it, pay for it.

wanna be) of the newest US suicide squad.  With this me-only attitude, no
wonder we are in such dire condition as a nation!