Subject: Re: Roberta Peters
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 20 Jan 2017 05:38:37 -0500

I'm up early for tennis from Australia, a 16 hour time difference.
Roger Federer vs Tomas Berdych is about to begin.

Les, Roberta Peters sang 2 performances of Sonnambula at the Met
in 1964. I was at the first, and she was charming. It didn't have the
sheer vocal dazzle of Sutherland's, but it was sung more crisply and
it was infinitely more appealing, visually.

Bob