Subject: Fwd: PBS, NEA etc.
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 19 Jan 2017 22:46:20 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 10:45 PM
Subject: Re: PBS, NEA etc.
To: Michael Liebert <[log in to unmask]>

Tv is not passe; it hasn't yet come anywhere near what it should be
because it was hijacked years ago by the advertising industry.
Anyone who thinks PBS programming comes "free" is delusional.
I would rather watch Geico commercials than sit through the
gruesome fundraising marathons that so called viewer supported
channels indulge in with ever increasing frequency. Yes, eventually
excellent presentations of music and drama may emerge and we must
be grateful, but they are crumbs compared with what could be.  A
wasteland is still what tv predominantly resembles.

dtmk