Subject: Re: Roberta Peters, 1930-2017
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 19 Jan 2017 14:35:41 -0700

Roberta Peters was a superb singer, wonderful musician and so popular and
at least in New York, so much a part of the scene, that some of us tended
to take her for granted.  But what remains is that she was a great artist.
A serious musician who was amazingly well prepared for all she did.  The
voice itself, while sometimes could get a bit wiry at the top as the years
went on, remained beautiful and had a dark rich sound in the middle.  I saw
her many, many times and never left the theatre feeling cheated or
unhappy.  She was good,the complete package.   She had a long and rich
life, although the last few years were compromised by her illness and
disability. Lets all remember her.  RIP Roberta