Subject: PBS, NEA etc.
From: Bruce Prentice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 19 Jan 2017 21:10:04 +0000

Since PBS carries the Met opera telecasts and NEA supports a lot of the general arts including opera, I am posting this here.
As a non-American, but one who lives near enough the border to receive PBS, I am very distressed to hear of Mr. Trump's plans.What kind of power will be given to him to carry out such threats.  I ask out of my own ignorance, so if anyone knows the U.S. laws regarding public TV and how it is funded etc., I am very curious to know the details, and what kinds of action might be able to change his mind..is it a national lobby campaign, protests, petitions of local or state representatives, congress people etc.
If this in not appropriate to all this list, prirvate replies to me are fine.  Thanks