Subject: Re: no FORZA
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Mon, 16 Jan 2017 11:31:41 -0500

I'm really puzzled by this thread.  Gelb stated plainly that it was a matter of
cost.  That the production was a shared production also means that it was a way
to reduce the costs.  As someone else stated, Gelb's ability to manage costs at
the Met seems to be one of his weak spots.  Anyone following the press for the
past decade would come to the same conclusion.

Why all the second guessing and assuming that there are other reasons?  To me,
the financial reason seems the most convincing.  Now that he's cutting down
on new productions makes me think that, after 10 years, he's finally learning
how to deal with money (or the board is teaching him).

blog:   Twitter: @kos2
   Listowner: OPERA-L ; SMT-ANNOUNCE ; SoundForge-users

Modify your settings: