Subject: Re: no FORZA
From: Jon Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 16 Jan 2017 11:00:20 -0500

Last time I checked, directors such as Mary Zimmerman, Bart Sher, and Michael Meyer are
all New York talent. All three are hugely respected and have had memorable, successful,
even groundbreaking, award-winning productions - on Broadway. The problem is that their
opera productions have been much less consistently successful.

(I'm not saying that as a way to justify Regie productions, simply saying that the Met
DOES use New York artists.)