Subject: Re: No Met Forza - No Radvanosky
From: Jon Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 15 Jan 2017 19:30:10 -0500

But...

Do we have any knowledge whatsoever that Radvanovsky does not wish to appear in this
production?

And do we have any knowledge that IF she does not, she was "invoking" anything?

On Sun, 15 Jan 2017 17:49:57 +0000, Les Mitnick <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Katalin:
>There may indeed be something valid in what you say. Sondra Radvanovsky can certainly
do the role, and she's also now an established Norma (not to mention her Three Donizetti
Queens). It's possible that by not wishing to appear in this production, she was invoking
memories of such great divas as Callas, Tebaldi, Sutherland, Price, and Caballe ----------- all
of whom would take a stand and even threaten to withdraw rather than to appear in
productions which are unfortunately the rule rather than the exception today.