Subject: no FORZA
From: James David Coco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 15 Jan 2017 18:05:11 -0600

I also wonder what financial obligations that MET has for a shared production that they choose not to mount. I used to travel to NY every year to go to the MET. For the last three years I’ve gone to Chicago instead because they had productions and casts that interested me more than those offered by the MET. Next year, I was planning to go back to NY, and the “Forza” with Radvanovsky was a main draw - not the production, but the cast. I notice that she is not the soprano for the substitute Verdi Requiems, so is her contract being bought out, or maybe is she getting some of the “Toscas” or “Aidas?”  I’d rather hear her in either than Monastyrska. I know Opolais is a big draw, but I’m certain Radvanovsky would be a more effective Tosca.
D. Coco
Modify your settings: