Subject: Re: No Met Forza - No Radvanosky
From: Kiwi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 15 Jan 2017 14:55:45 -0500

Obviously you didn't try hard enough.

Not everyone who has an opinion you disagree with deserves to be chastised.
though you seem to favor being the scold.

You can sit through every opera you want to, good, bad, or indifferent, just
to satisfy yourself that it has, or has no, redeeming qualities.  That
doesn't mean everyone else must follow your example and subject themselves
to a couple of hours of painful production, perhaps uneven singing, and even
unfortunate conducting to make that determination for themselves.  For you
to imply that makes you a superior individual, one we should emulate or (in
impolite paraphrasing) shut the frell up, says quite a lot about you and how
you view yourself.  It isn't necessary a pretty picture from this side of
the monitor, but that's just me and others will have vastly different
opinions--which is, by the way, what this forum is all about, in case you
forgot in your insistent need to tell us us what we should think and feel.

The facts, objectively, would indicate there is more to the story of this
cancellation than we are told, and heaven knows most of us are wise enough
to understand that most of the activity that duck is making happens below
the waterline, out of sight.   That you don't agree is fine;  leave it at
that rather than injecting your own subjective reasoning as to why people
may suspect the production has been withdrawn.

Even if it weren't a Bieto staging (personal regie, someone called it?), to
cancel a production the Met has already partially funded at this late date
is strange, to say the least.  And perhaps someone more knowledgeable than I
am can address the issue as to whether the Met has any financial obligation
to the artists involved with the production.  After all, contracts were
signed and these people cleared their calendars for the dates.  Will the Met
have to do a buy-out?

Sorry, folks, just sort of had enough with attitude which tell folks we are
all wrong....being scolded for having all the answers by someone who only
posts because it seems she believes she is the source of all the answers to
everything.

Dump away.