Subject: Re: Romeo et Juliette
From: "Mitchell, Katalin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 21 Jan 2017 22:31:37 +0000

The two of them are gorgeous, so beautiful and moving performances.
I was less happy with the production, I never found Bart Sher to know what
to do with opera, he is a much better theater and musical director.
The poor Juliet singing “Je Veux Vivre….” surrounded by two dozen
lecherous males oogling and touching her would have freaked out any
supposedly innocent and sheltered 15 year old exposed to such louts. And
all that running around when the two opposing family members encountered
each other I found quite annoying…
But hey, beggars can’t be choosers, it was altogether a special
performance from the musical point of view.

On 1/21/17, 4:54 PM, "Discussion of opera and related issues on behalf of
ANGELO MAMMANO" <[log in to unmask] on behalf of