Subject: Re: No Met Forza - No Radvanosky
From: Kurt Youngmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 13 Jan 2017 19:34:39 -0600

For some time I've been compiling a wish list of roles I'd like to see Sondra take on. First, a repeat of her stunning Angelica that I saw her do in Los Angeles a few years back! But this time I'd hope for her to add Giorgetta as well.

The Forza Leonora is near the top of the list. I've been looking forward to that since first hearing about it two years ago.

She's perfectly suited to Gioconda, which I haven't heard for many years. When I first became an opera lover this was an extremely popular work at the Met. Zinka must have performed it 1000 times. Maybe more. I seem to recall Tucker as her tenor most of the time and also Kurt Baum. Leonard Warren owned the role of Barnaba in those days.

Minnie is another role I think she'd be well suited for. Sopranos have called it a killer role but those are her specialty.

How about Turandot? Not far fetched at all.

One more thing I can think of at the moment - I doubt that she'd ever sing the Marschallin but once, just once, I'd love to hear her in that trio!

Kurt Youngmann

Sent from my iPad