Subject: nabucco in HD
From: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 8 Jan 2017 14:29:29 -0500

The most enjoyable aspect of Nabucco to me was that it was magnificent early
Verdi, conducted by a man who fully understood the power and energy of the

I've seen Nabucco many times, but never enjoyed it as much as I did on
Saturday.  Perhaps one has to know Verdi's later works to appreciate the
depth of Nabucco -  all the turns of phrases modulations, rhythmic patterns,
orchestrations that appear here and predict the more sophisticated and also
the  simpler patterns that emerged as Verdi kept composing.

And Nabucco features two soprano daughters dealing with a baritone father,
who is even kinglier than Simon or Amonasro.  And its even more interesting
that  Abigaile and her dad have a non sono schiava moment .

Modify your settings: