Subject: Re: Counter inauguration
From: Kenneth Bleeth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 13 Jan 2017 11:58:59 -0500

I'm with Mr. Young on this. It's depressing to think (as Mr. Prada
apparently does) that artists should avoid making their voices heard
(literally, in this case) lest their espousal of political causes somehow
sully (cf. Mr. Prada's "tacky as hell") the high "seriousness" of their
art. Shelley claimed that poets (for which one could substitute
practitioners of any art) "are the unacknowledged legislators of the
world." And if one acknowledges them, so much the better.