Subject: Re: Counter inauguration
From: gordon young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 13 Jan 2017 10:42:25 -0600

R Prada, I could not disagree more. Artist are often involved with counter
political movements. Being a visual artist this is very important to me as
much of my work has a political content. I hope we see more art commenting
on the sins of the president-elect (and I'm using "sin" to cover more than
just his moral failings which are many). Artists performing in counter
performances is fine (for me GREAT) and is neither "infantile" nor
"publicity seeking". It is a statement as much as an event.You call it a
"big day" I would call it a sad day. Artist have the right and
responsibility to speak we are not decorators.
Gordon