Subject: Re: Counter inauguration
From: gordon young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 13 Jan 2017 10:22:17 -0600

The idea that anything other than opera is "off topic" has always bothered
me. We are complex and, generally, intelligent individuals and I am
interested in knowing what other opera-lers think on a wide range of topics
including politics. Max is right about the numbers of posts on these "off
topics" in contrast to the lack of posts on opera. In the past there were
many posts on Met performances now few. Will anyone post on the new opera
being presented on PBS this evening? As I wrote to Mr. Kane this morning I
take the political discussions, rants to the Facebook opera-l where the
moderator doesn't reprimand as the subject is "off topic". I might have
gotten a bit touchy about the political posts as they seemed too disparage
a President I admire a great deal in favor of an amoral lecher who Verdi
could have written a great opera about - a male Lady Macbeth.
Gordon