Subject: Re: Counter inauguration
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 13 Jan 2017 10:44:29 -0500

I agree with most of what you say; contentious political opinions
should not be aired, but I would suggest that a seemingly "off-
topic" posting, if it attracts responses from a number of like-minded
opera enthusiasts, ought to be considered opera-related.. The
only alternative is censorship.  Your advice not to engage is
sound, but shouldn't allowances be made for those who wish,
briefly, without offense, and in good humor, to share a reactio?..
              It doesn't take long to recognize those who tend to
abuse that
opportunity.

dtmk