Subject: Re: Greatest Met Premiere (was Re: Richard Tucker and "La Juive")
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 12 Jan 2017 09:12:16 -0500

Your explanation would have to include a description of either
of those two "events" that  would show in what ways they
rivaled the premiere of Fanciulla, which, unlike anything by
Breil or Montemezzi, is fully documented.

As a form, the art probably died at least half a century ago,
but the elements of "greatness" which it had exhibited until then
can never die.

dtmk