Subject: Re: Greatest Met Premiere (was Re: Richard Tucker and "La Juive")
From: Mike Leone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 11 Jan 2017 22:24:29 -0600

Hi Max--

Is there a recording of The Legend?  I don't see any online.  arkivmusic doesn't even list Breil in its extensive list of composers represented on recordings.  Of course, I have seen others on here pick some of the most obscure operas in the history of the universe and claim them to be the best, so what you are saying is nothing new.

In the case of The Legend, I don't even see a printed score of it on IMSLP, a website where one can find scans of public domain copies of classical music scores. There is one score of one work by Breil on IMSLP and that is all.

I'm just wondering what your experience with The Legend that causes you to think it is a great opera.

Mike Leone

Ecco il Leone!

Sent from my iPhone