Subject: Franco Fagioli recital review
From: Jason Victor Serinus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 11 Jan 2017 15:26:08 -0800

Okay folks. This review was written for a gay publication with a gay
readership. If thoughts of gay make you frown, and you can't cope with the
context and the approach it might inspire, you had best stop here.
Otherwise, go to it.

http://ebar.com/arts/art_article.php?sec=music&article=1542

Marilyn Horne in drag?

As it is written in the Book of Gay, any countertenor with the surname
Fagioli is a countertenor to love. As demonstrated on his stunning solo
recital Franco Fagioli: Rossini (Deutsche Grammophon), there's far more to
love about Franco Fagioli than any intentionally clueless mispronunciation
of his name may suggest. <snip>

---
Jason Victor Serinus http://www.jasonserinus.com     Whistler
Extraordinaire: **The Voice of Woodstock • The Pavarotti of Pucker**
Music and audiophile critic: Seattle Times, Port Townsend Leader,
Stereophile, Listen, San Francisco Classical Voice, Bay Area Reporter, Gay
City News, American Record Guide, Classical Voice North America, Stanford
Live, Opera Now, Copper, and more

"Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the
tormentor, never the tormented.” — Elie Wiesel

“This is a time to remember all of us who are LGBTQ. It’s a time to stand
out and be proud, to parade who we are, to celebrate and to let them know
we will not be silenced, we will not be stopped, we will not go back into
the closet. Together, we will love.” — JVS at our Orlando Massacre Support
Rally in Port Townsend, WA