Subject: Greatest Met Premiere
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 11 Jan 2017 14:28:02 -0500

I'd opt for Il Trittico, though I am fond of Fanciulla.

Tabarro - Muzio, Crimi, Montesanto
Suor Angelica - Farrar, Perini
Gianni Schicchi - De Luca, Easton, Crimi

That's about as starry as it gets, and the music displays the enormous
range and diversity that Puccini was able to summon for these three
operas. The dramatic and musical contrasts are stunning, and, in my
opinion, are, cumulatively, the greatest display of his genius. I am
particularly fond of Schicchi; everything about it smacks of perfection.

But, I do agree, that regardless of which we choose, Puccini gets
the Top Prize!

Bob