Subject: Re: Gerald Finley
From: Vesna Danilovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 10 Jan 2017 13:47:33 -0600

I have to say that, like Bill, I was a bit surprised by this comment. I'm
not sure how often you've followed opera-l, but just recently many of us
chimed in about his wonderful Tell, lamenting the fact that the Met chose
it as the only new production not to be broadcast in HD. I also recall a
fine discussion of his superb Hans Sachs (by Bill and others) and
appreciation of him as a concert recitalist. And this is just this year. He
is very much appreciated on this list as one of the finest baritones we are
lucky to have today. So, it's not just Alex Ross' tweet but periodic posts
from quite a few listers on this wonderful forum as well... :-)

As for Antonacci, I also happen to be her fan and a few of us post about
her every once in awhile. I saw her only once live and was slightly
surprised that her voice was not larger than I thought it would be from her
recordings and videos, but nonetheless she was the whole package and her
Cassandre was the most mesmerizing I've ever heard.

Vesna