Subject: Re: Gerald Finley
From: william kasimer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 10 Jan 2017 14:07:32 -0500

On Mon, 9 Jan 2017 18:22:47 -0500, Frank Cadenhead <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Actually, it does need to be pointed out. In the general bla bla that goes on with
>opera groups who endlessly argue about and rate their "stars," giants like Finley
>and Antonacci who strive to grow their art and challenge their audience get barely
>a mention.

I'm always a little amused by listmembers who complain that no one has posted about
one of their favorite subjects (or about a recording they've heard, or about a performance
that they've attended).

If you're a fan of Finley, Frank, go ahead and post about him, instead of complaining that
others don't.  As far as I can tell, you haven't mentioned Finley on this forum in over a
decade.  You may have mentioned Antonacci more often, but I didn't check.

BTW, anyone who's a Finley fan might want to pick up his latest recording of Sibelius
orchestral songs:

My copy arrived yesterday.  The disc includes a number of songs that are off-the-beaten-
track, and all are beautifully and sensitively sung.  I still prefer Jorma Hynninen as a
Sibelius interpreter, but that's no slight on Finley.

Modify your settings: