Subject: Richard Tucker and "La Juive"
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 9 Jan 2017 16:18:31 -0500

Hi Vesna

Yes, the Met had arranged for a production of "La Juive" in
celebration of the 30th anniversary of Tucker's Met debut
in 1945. Alas, he died shortly afte the announcement, but he
did have the satisfaction of knowing it was planned.

"Staged" and "on stage" are not nevessarily the same, and "semi
staged" is somewhere in the middle. New Orleans was staged.
Brooklyn was semi staged and the others - quien sabe?

But they were all "on stage" ;-)

Bob