Subject: Re: Another recording "finally" on CD
From: Vesna Danilovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 9 Jan 2017 15:01:55 -0600

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 1:50 PM, Mike Leone <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> You are forgetting how Met-centric this list is.  Between that and the
> context, I'm guessing "on stage"'means "on the Met stage."  I seem to
> recall that that was in Tucker's plans.

In fairness, if there was a "Met-centric" implication at all, then it would
have been appropriate here because it was Tucker's lifelong dream to sing
Eleazar on the Met stage. I read that the news of approval finally reached
him but alas only a few days before his death.

That said, I think that his New Orleans Eleazar must have been staged
because it was an interesting curiosity I once read that the Met loaned him
Caruso's costume for that occasion.

I heard his Eleazar in the London live recording and the ovations were
well-deserved, indeed.

Modify your settings: