Subject: Re: Another recording "finally" on CD
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 9 Jan 2017 13:49:32 -0500

Max

Regarding Tucker in La Juive

What am I missing? You say there are tapes from London and New
Orleans, and then you say he died before he could sing it on stage.
Something is not quite right.

In any case, I saw him do it in the mid sixties at Brooklyn Academy
of Music with Suzanne Sarroca.  It was a concert version though it
was semi staged.

My memory says Jerome Hines though the NYTimes review of
Carnegie Hall says Norman Treigle. Both could be true, I guess.

He also sang it in Barcelona in 1974.

Bob