Subject: Re: Another recording "finally" on CD
From: "Max D. Winter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 9 Jan 2017 13:15:54 -0500

Well, the Tucker "Juive" excerpts disc is something worthy of issue on CD.  "Finally" is not
inappropriate here.  Pity that Tucker did not record the complete opera (there is a live
performance from London - and also, if my memory serves, from New Orleans?), but I
suppose we must be grateful for what we have.  The real tragedy is that he died before he
could sing it on stage.  I think it might have been one of the great performances of our time.
We'll never know.  <sigh!>

Modify your settings: