Subject: Re: No Met Forza - No Radvanosky
From: DK Conn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 14 Jan 2017 20:42:19 -0500

The Bieito Forza was originally a co-production between the ENO, the Met, and the
Canadian Opera Company.  I don't know how the expenses were distributed, but I am
sure there would have been some obligation to pay a share of the expenses even in the
event of one of these houses cancelling.

The ENO premiere run received mixed reviews but I think on the whole there were more
positives than negatives as far as the production was concerned (and a couple of the
negatives were from reviewers with whom I disagree more often than not).  In any case,
I prefer to decide on the merits of a production after having seen it first hand.  I am
guessing that at least some of those who have posted on this topic here have never in
fact seen a Bieito production.  In my experience, Bieito is an intelligent and perceptive
director who is particularly good at Personenregie, and I have liked all five productions by
him I have seen.

DK