Subject: Re: opera quiz
From: Myriam Hernandez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 14 Jan 2017 15:34:04 -0500

I couldn't agree more. The days when we learned from the Opera Quizz'
participants are gone. In past years, I always looked forward to the
quizzes because they provided a wealth of information on operas, singers,
and opera related matters. They were funny, witty, and a delight to listen.
Unfortunately, ever since Peter Gelb started his tenure as the Met's
General Manager, the quizzes have deteriorated more and more each year, in
depth of knowledge and in quality. I wouldn't be surprised if they
disappear one day. If they do, I won't miss them a bit.

Myriam