Subject: Re: Fwd: Patti Smith's 10 Favorite Operas
From: Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 7 Jan 2017 23:15:48 -0500

I too agree with Donald's assessment of Pinkerton. I have always winced a
bit inside when I heard others call him evil.  The most that can be said is
that he was an unthinking cad, not much different from any other sailor of
the time and never really realizing down deep what possible problems he
was causing to an innocent young girl smitten with him.
When he discovered what he had wrought, he was very contrite and
ashamed.  The tragedy was that it was too late.
No, he was not evil.
Iago!  Now there was evil!

Modify your settings: