Subject: Re: Finally
From: Les Mitnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 8 Jan 2017 04:01:50 +0000

You can be sure that the huge playboy-style Moffo picture will NOT be included. Moreover, the contribution of Carreras, while vocally wonderful (as I recall), is small consolation in a role as brief as that of Nicias. Frankly, I never thought this recording would ever again see the light of day. I believe I heard it once and thought Moffo was very bad. Yet several months later came the "L'Amor di tre re" with Domingo, and she sounded considerably better. Then in 1978, I heard/saw her in concert with orchestra at Symphony Center in Chicago and she sounded better still. So who knows WHAT happened to her voice? Moffo's vocal problems were a real enigma.