Subject: Re: Finally
From: "Max D. Winter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 7 Jan 2017 12:53:37 -0500

"The Moffo Thais is being realeased [sic] on CD. It is already available on Amazon Music."

I'm not sure if the correct reaction to this CD release is "Finally," or "Good Lord, Why?"
Perhaps so a new generation can hear if her singing is really as bad as legend has it.  (Short
answer: Yes, it is.  Although as someone else observed, hearing the young Carreras is a real
treat, and Bacquier and Diaz are fine.)

In any case, what I want to know is, will the CD version include that ghastly Playboy
centerfold-style picture of Moffo as Thais that was included in the original LP album?  Whose
idea was that, anyway?  David Sarnoff's?

MDW