Subject: Fwd: Pretre
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 6 Jan 2017 20:17:24 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 11:49 AM
Subject: Re: Pretre
To: ANGELO MAMMANO <[log in to unmask]>

Two FAUSTs, one in October of that season, (Gedda, Tucci, Siepi) and a
later one that featured the debuts of both Caballe and Milnes,  plus
the complete ballet,  a stunning SAMSON ET DALILA with Vickers, the
final Good Friday performance of PARSIFAL, with Konya, and another
FAUST at the new Met in October of 1966, with Freni, Raimondi, Tozzi
and, again, Milnes.

Those were the days!

Pretre was also a notable conductor of symphonic works; his Tschaikowsky
and Sibelius recordings were memorable.

dtmk