Subject: Re: Pretre
From: Patrick Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 5 Jan 2017 14:25:27 -0500

Erratic? Caballe could be the essence of erratic. Voice was gorgeous,
musicality, hmmm. Watch her Medea.

Patrick Byrne

In a message dated 1/5/2017 6:42:58 A.M. Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

My  interesting story about Pretre was when he was recording the RCA
Traviata,  Caballe and Bergonzi threatened to quit the recording because of his
erratic  conducting. Eventually, they got their way. He was the conductor the
night  Zeani made her Met debut as Violetta and some thought his first act
conducting  was very erratic. I knew others who were very fond of his  Wagner.