Subject: Re: Am I late to the Fair?
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 1 Jan 2017 11:01:07 -0500

Humperdinck's ; MOORISH RHAPSODY opens exactly the way
GOTTERDAMMERUNG opens, but no, there doesn't need to
be a reason for any of these things,  whether deliberate, unconscious,
playful, or opportunistic, it must be remembered, that there are only
so many different notes available, and some arrangements of them
happen to work better than others, especially for a composer.

Thank you David Shengold for prompting me to open my new year
with music of bliss: the Emperor Concerto slow movement.

dtmk