Subject: Re: Georges Prêtre
From: Frank Cadenhead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 5 Jan 2017 10:17:58 -0500

His iconic 2009 Cav/Pag from Orange is on YouTube. His "erratic" conducting
sometimes got boos in Paris and maybe that is why he spent most of his time in
Vienna and at La Scala. Those audiences know the difference between erratic and
erotic.  He reminded me of Furtwangler more than any other conductor I have ever
heard.

Frank Cadenhead