Subject: Re: Pretre
From: tom ponti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 5 Jan 2017 12:42:43 +0000

My interesting story about Pretre was when he was recording the RCA Traviata, Caballe and Bergonzi threatened to quit the recording because of his erratic conducting. Eventually, they got their way. He was the conductor the night Zeani made her Met debut as Violetta and some thought his first act conducting was very erratic. I knew others who were very fond of his Wagner.