Subject: Re: Patti Smith's 10 Favorite Operas
From: DK Conn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 4 Jan 2017 17:16:59 -0500

Patti Smith is a poet, musician, author, and artist, a winner of the National Book Award
for non-fiction and a Commandeur dans l'Ordre des Arts et des Lettres.  She also happens
to be a life-long opera lover (she is often at the Met).

On Wed, 4 Jan 2017 09:05:49 -0500, donald kane <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Six?  The five I count are a quirkier, more musically diverse group than
>those of Patti Smith.  I have no idea what she is famous for, but unlike
>yours, her favorites have a personalized, subjective consistency that
>says something about her and something about the composers and
>operas that she identifies with.  In her minimally articulate way she
>justifies those choices quite admirably.
>I can't wait to learn what that number six  of yours might be.  : )
>On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 11:46 PM, Tom Frey <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> My choices are not the same. I could not stop at 5 so I list 6 although I love many
more deeply.  Not in order of preference: I Puritani, Ariadne auf Naxos, La Boheme, Aida,
Magic Flute

Modify your settings: