Subject: Re: Robert Tuggle tribute - Dorothy Kirsten and Mario Del Monaco film
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 4 Jan 2017 13:31:12 -0500

I always admired Kirsten's self assurance, professionalism, and
successful interpretation of music in a variety of styles, with no
conspicuous attempt to court celebrity status.  To like what you do
and to do it well is one of the recipes for a happy life, IMO.   Minnie
was a perfect fit for her talents, and I am eternally  grateful to her for
taking that role on instead of all the Verdi and Mozart stuff.  To my
knowledge, she never did anything in German; would Octavian have
been possible?  But rather than Elsa, I can imagine an almost perfect.
Eva.

dtmk