Subject: Re: Del Monaco as Pinkerton at the Met
From: tom ponti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 4 Jan 2017 16:31:11 +0000

I had read about that performance, I also read that he requested to sing that duet because he wanted to sing with her. I got the impression that they had sung together before, but I don't think they ever sang together there until the Otello in 58. Perhaps they performed Butterfly or Boheme elsewhere before 55? Those were two roles I would not associate with him, but it seems he did sing them early in his career.