Subject: Special musical events in New York City
From: R PRADA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 3 Jan 2017 16:09:39 -0500

St. John Passion
By Johann Sebastian Bach
Featuring Michael Slattery, Jesse Blumberg, Adam Lau, Latonia Moore, Tamara Mumford, Ben Bliss, and Daniel Okulitch
With MasterVoices and New York Baroque Incorporated
Ted Sperling, Conductor
February 9, 2017 at 7pm
Stern Auditorium / Perelman Stage at Carnegie Hall
This is rarely performed, and an absolutely beautiful work.
It will be sung in a new English translation by the tenor.
I will be there and I hope you will take advantage of this performance.

there is also this new opera performance in a smaller venue - could be interesting.

American Lyric Theater
in partnership with MasterVoices
presents

InsightALT: The Life and Death(s) of Alan Turing
Music by Justine F. Chen; Libretto by David Simpatico

Featuring Jonathan Michie as Alan Turing
 with Keely Futterer, Elise Quagliata, Andrew Bidlack, Javier Abreu,
Joseph Beutel and Thomas Shivone and members of MasterVoices
Lidiya Yankovskaya, Conductor

January 12, 2017 at 7:30pm
Merkin Concert Hall at Kaufman Music Center

Cheers,
RP