Subject: Re: Am I late to the Fair?
From: Jon Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 3 Jan 2017 15:14:15 -0500

I'm not sure who it was - maybe Milton Okun? - who in a book once dissected this melody
as:

Halleluiah, bananas - oh, bring back my Bonnie to me. ;-)

The four notes of the Handel "halleluiah" also translate to the opening of the "Ecce
Gratum" from Carmina Burana. (And doubtless many other passages too.)

Also, anyone familiar with the Styne/Comden/Green show "Bells Are Ringing" might
remember the song called "It's A Simple Little System" where composer's names become
a bookie's codes for horse-race betting - which leads to another great and very funny
Halleluiah quote:

"Who is Handel?
Hialeah! Hialeah!"

;-)

On Tue, 3 Jan 2017 13:15:25 -0500, William G Kenny <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Then there's the "Hallelujah" Chorus quoted in the first phrase of "Yes, we have No
Bananas."