Subject: Robert Tuggle tribute - Dorothy Kirsten and Mario Del Monaco film
From: Rudi Van den Bulck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 3 Jan 2017 17:27:04 +0100

Our January issue is dedicated to the memory of ROBERT TUGGLE; the legendary
director of the Metropolitan archives who died a year ago on 21st January.
To his tribute we uploaded some rare radio b’casts featuring Robert Tuggle
talking about Claudia Muzio and Lauritz Melchior. We also uploaded his
conversations with Martin Sokol on Tuggle’s book ‘The golden age of opera’
which was published in 1983. They both talk about “Mishkin” singers and the
Metropolitan. Here's a direct link :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK9xJUJVdTbMpJx1J9V1jUQ

Andrzej HIOLSKI was once the most famous post-war Polish baritone. He’s
honoured with a 4 CD set by Polskie Nagrania which we reviewed. We also
uploaded a rare sample of his voice; an excerpt from a multi-lingual
(Italian-Hebrew) 1962 Aida performance from Tel Aviv.
A rare video (1957!!) has been unearthed with the duet from Butterfly with
Dorothy KIRSTEN and Mario DEL MONACO. watch it before it will be deleted by
the copyright gestapo.
For those interested please visit the homepage of www.operanostalgia.be

RvdB