Subject: Lucrezia Bori, courtesy of Ward Marston
From: Stephen Charitan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 2 Jan 2017 17:40:07 -0500

I'm taking down my "Saturnalia" tree to the young, limpid voice of Lucrezia
Bori - Ward Marston's triumph of re-engineering on Rom-o-Phone with just
enough tinkering to take away the grind of surface noise and still let the
voice POP to vivid life from those scratchy shellac grooves.  She puts her
heart into every phrase - musically and verbally - even finding the soul in
"Ciribiribin."  I have encored the "Cherry Duet" from '24 with Miguel Fleta
more times than I can count.

Steve Charitan
in retrospective paradise...