Subject: Re: Am I late to the Fair?
From: Dennis Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 31 Dec 2016 17:44:35 -0500

Hi, Y'all!
    And here I thought that I was the only one, and  that if I ever said
anything folks would think I was silly.
    But then, I AM silly.  I cannot hear the  orchestral coda to "D'amor
sull'ali rosee" without starting in on "A Maiden Fair  to See" from "H.M.S.
Pinafore," with a rousing chorus of "When Darkly Looms the  Day" from
"Iolanthe."
    I justify all this by FIRMLY BELIEVING that I have  to be truly weird
in the first place to love opera.
    Best,
    Dennis Ryan

In a message dated 12/31/2016 8:05:20 A.M. Central Standard Time,