Subject: Re: Salomea Kruscelnicka
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 31 Dec 2016 15:14:40 -0500

According to various rather scholarly and detailed articles on
Wikipedia, Ruthenia was, at one time, generally referenced
as a large portion of Ukraine, and Ruthenians were considered
to live in areas of today's Poland and even into Lithuania.
There were so many changes of borders in Central and Eastern
Europe that it is just about impossible to pin it down. What seems
clear is that Lvov, where she was born and where she is buried,
was within Poland at one time and is, today, definitely part of
Ukraine. The last fact is indisputable!

Bob

On Sat, 31 Dec 2016 19:33:33 +0000, Tom Wikman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I always heard that she was Ruthenian.
>

>    On Saturday, December 31, 2016 7:15 AM, Maria Wolansky
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I have visited her grave in the beautiful Lychakiv cemetery in Lviv, Ukraine which I would
compare to Père Lachaise. She considered herself Ukrainian. I know Galicia was
considered part of Poland and Austrian Hungarian Empire, however she was Ukrainian.