Subject: Fwd: Am I late to the Fair?
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 31 Dec 2016 14:56:17 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, Dec 31, 2016 at 9:51 AM
Subject: Re: Am I late to the Fair?
To: Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]>

Bernstein was a heavy "borrower". Another big tune from
WSS is "There's A Place or Us" which is, note for note, a
melody created by Richard Strauss for his Burleske For Piano
and Orchestra.  It's difficult to sort out the resemblances that
may have been deliberate and the ones that are coincidental.

dtmk