Subject: Am I late to the Fair?
From: David Shengold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 31 Dec 2016 19:04:38 +0000

Speaking of WSS's duet "A Boy like that", the melody of its vehement opening passage derives from PETER GRIMES' Sea Interlude entitled "Storm", and by the way the one Britten called "Sunday Morning" derives from the BORIS GODUNOV chimes-- Rimsky version I'd say. Bernstein gave GRIMES its US premiere in 1946.

The cycle goes on and on, and why not?
--DLS