Subject: Always the maverick
From: Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 29 Dec 2016 09:57:41 -0500

Well, that's ok I guess.  It may be lonely over here but I have to stick to
my beliefs that Patricia Racette is an added plus to today's line-up of fine
talents.  Her acting skills are particularly extraordinary.
Despite a real dissing on her from a majority of listers, I must say that last
night I thought she, despite a few little wobbles 'n all, was a tour de force
in the role of "Salome".  The enthusiastic audience agreed with me.
I also believe the voice problems heard on-air were not heard in the house.
She commanded that stage for just about the entire production and all I
can say is, she's a stage animal.  It was entirely entertaining and, in my
eyes I thought, a superior production to the original Mattila one, which was
excellent.
One small quirk of mine was that Johannan (sp?) should have shown his
bare body from the waist up.  So much was made of his ivory skin but he
was too tightly clothed to even notice.  That aside, Greer Grimsley was a
marvelous "demon of the deep".
The house was fuller than I expected it to be but several "choice" seats
looked enticing so we switched to 2 of them.